Discussion questions – Hobbit Chapter 17 “The Clouds Burst”: Who unites the dwarves?
- Who unites the dwarves?
- Who are their enemies?
- What flies in the air above these enemies?
- Who is Blog?
- Does Bilbo join the fighting?
- Who joins the battle to help the dwarves?
- Why doesn’t Bilbo know about the rest of the battle?
- What is the battle called?
2. They were armies made of goblins and wargs.
7. Bilbo put on his ring to become invisible, but he was still struck in the head with a stone and was knocked out.
8. The Battle of Five Armies
6. Elves, men and the eagles.
3. The skies were black because an army of bats accompanied the goblins.
4. Bolg – the goblin who led an army to the Battle of the Five Armies after the Great Goblin’s death.
5. Yes, but he wore his invisibility ring the whole time.
1. Gandalf was a brilliant organizer and negotiator. Here, he organized three opposing forces, men, dwarves, and elves, together in the interest of peace.