Need online help Hobbit Chapter 6: Identify wargs.
6. Identify wargs.
- Why were the wargs at the clearing?
- How did Gandalf try to get rid of the wargs and goblins?
- Who or what saved the travelers from the wargs, goblins, and fire?
- Describe the Eagles.
6. The wargs – the evil wolves over the Edge of the Wild.
7. The wargs were supposed to conspire with goblins, but the goblins were late.
8. Gendalf set the wolves on fire with burning pinecones that he threw down from his tree, chasing them away. It worked to cause confusion and to get rid of some of the wolves, but it also set the woods on fire.
9. As Gandalf’s tree went up in flames and he prepared to jump to his death, the Lord of the Eagles swooped down and carried him away. The other eagles seized the dwarves and Bilbo and carried them to their eyrie.
10. Some eagles were not kindly but were cowardly and cruel. The eagles that rescued the travelers were from the North, and they were proud, strong, and noble-hearted.