Discussion questions – Hobbit Chapter 8 – “Flies and Spiders”
- What was Mirkwood Forest like? List all things black Bilbo and dwarves encounter here. What does Tolkien communicate through this imagery?
- Why did they give up lighting fires at night?
- What ran across their path? Why couldn’t they slake their thirst from this? What would happen if they fell into this stream?
- How did they get across the river?
- What happened just as the last dwarves were disembarking from the boat?
Asked on 22.06.2017 in English Literature.